REMARKS. 30TH ANNUAL WORKSHOP ON TRANSPORTATION LAW, SNOWBIRD CONFERENCE CENTER, SNOWBIRD, UTAH, JULY 21-25, 1991
The topic of this paper is the relationship between legal issues in transit and highways. The historical review of this relationship reveals two periods, 1974-75 and 1982-83, which marked watersheds for surface transportation legal issues. By reviewing the trends shown in these years, the reasons for differences in the issues faced by transit and highway lawyers are brought to light. This history also shows, however, that the issues and interests of highways and transit are merging, particularly in major urban areas such as Chicago.
- Bacigalupo, R J
- Publication Date: 1991-7
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Highways; History; Laws and legislation; Legal factors; Public transit; Transportation; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Relationships
- Subject Areas: History; Law; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00616555
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1991 12:00AM