HOW GOOD ARE TRANSPORTATION AGENCIES' LEGAL SERVICES. 30TH ANNUAL WORKSHOP ON TRANSPORTATION LAW, SNOWBIRD CONFERENCE CENTER, SNOWBIRD, UTAH, JULY 21-25, 1991
This paper discusses how transportation agency lawyers might more effectively use their limited resources and how they can measure their own performance. Among the topics discussed are the following: Taking a more "creative" or "offensive" role rather than a "reactive" or "defensive" role; "Modernization" of the legal office and practice by becoming more computer literate; Being innovative in the way transportation projects are undertaken in both contracting provisions and the types of specifications used; Controlling additional costs with the implementation of the Federal Changed Condition Clauses; Controlling court losses; Involving attorneys in the dispute resolution process; and Tort liability.
- Harp, D W
- Publication Date: 1991-7
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Conflict (Psychology); Contracting; Cost control; Disputes; Information processing; Innovation; Insurance claims; Laws and legislation; Liability; Loss and damage claims; Losses; Specifications; Tort liability; Transportation; Transportation departments; Workshops
- Old TRIS Terms: Changed condition clauses; Legal services
- Subject Areas: Law; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00616550
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1991 12:00AM