RESULTS OF SPECIAL-USE TRUCK DATA COLLECTION. VOLUME II - APPENDICES
The principal objectives of the study were to determine the following characteristics about special-use truck traffic: traffic patterns, vehicle axle distributions, axle load distributions, and radius of influence. The commodity movements which are considered in the study are: timber, produce, grain, beef cattle, limestone, and sand/gravel. Oil and gas exploration activities were the initial special-use concerns. Study 299 which addressed the effects of oilfield development on Texas roadways preceded the 420 study. Projects 299 and 420 identified the industries of timber, surface mining, agriculture, and oil and gas field exloration as those which contribute to pavement distress in a significant way. Also, these activities generate vehicles which are often dissimilar to truck traffic in general. The report includes the results of an intensive data gathering effort aimed at site-special trip generation characteristics and vehicular weight characteristics at special-use traffic generators.
- See also Volume I - Final Report, PB91-212399/XAB, and Volume III - Executive Summary, PB91-125534/XAB.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TransportationTransportation Planning Division, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Middleton, D R
- Publication Date: 1989-3
- Pagination: 241 p.
- TRT Terms: Activity centers; Axle load force; Axles; Commodities; Data collection; Field studies; Traffic counts; Trip generation; Trucks; Trucks by weight; Weigh in motion; Weight
- Uncontrolled Terms: Axle configurations
- Old TRIS Terms: Special purpose; Truck pavement damage
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00616542
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-89/420-3F, Res Rept 420-3F,Vol2, TTI:2-18-85/8-420-3F
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-18-85/8-420
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1991 12:00AM