SPECIFICATION IMPROVEMENTS FOR ENHANCED CONSTRUCTABILITY. INTERIM REPORT
Specific problems with highway specifications that hinder constructability are identified and analyzed. Problem frequencies are represented in cross classification tables, considering affected project element, problem type, and apparent causal factor. A process for periodically updating specifications is presented and critiqued.
- Research study title: Investigation of Highway Project Constructability Improvement.
University of Texas, AustinCenter for Transportation Research, 3208 Red River Street
Austin, TX United States 78705
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TransportationTransportation Planning Division, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
- Hugo, F
- O'Connor, J T
- Stamm, E M
- Publication Date: 1989-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Construction; Information management; Information, data, and knowledge; Problem identification; Project management; Road construction; Specifications
- Uncontrolled Terms: Constructability; Construction specifications
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Data and Information Technology; Highways; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00616472
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TX/91+1149-2, Res Rept 1149-2, CTR 3-6-88/0-1149-2
- Contract Numbers: Study 3-6-88/0-1149
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1991 12:00AM