HIGH OCCUPANCY VEHICLE (HOV) GUIDELINES FOR PLANNING, DESIGN, AND OPERATIONS
The goal of these guidelines is to provide a "how to" document for planners, designers and operators of mainline High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) facilities. Since individual site characteristics vary, only typical scenarios can be presented. The following chapters are included: (1) Planning; (2) Operations; (3) Geometric Design; (4) Ingress/Egress; (5) Signing and Delineation; and (6) Enforcement.
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
Department of TransportationOffice of Technology Sharing, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1991-6
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 157 p.
- TRT Terms: Geometric design; Guidelines; High occupancy vehicles; Operations; Planning; Road markings; Traffic law enforcement; Traffic signs
- Old TRIS Terms: Entering vehicles; Exiting; Traffic marking
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00616375
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-T-91-17
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1991 12:00AM