TOLL FINANCING: PROUD HERITAGE, BRIGHT FUTURE. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Because of renewed interest in toll roads and toll financing, the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (IBTTA) commissioned Wilbur Smith Associates (WSA) to conduct an update of a 1977 report WSA had done on the industry, titled "Toll Financing--A Supplemental Resource for Transportation Needs". This update reviews the operating and financial experience of some U.S. toll roads, examines changes in financing techniques and in state and federal law, and reports on technological advances that can help make toll roads more acceptable to motorists. The Executive Summary highlights the findings which are explained in greater detail in the main report.
International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association1146 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC United States 20036-3725
- Publication Date: 1991
- Features: Appendices; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Financing; Highway maintenance; Legal factors; Maintenance practices; Private enterprise; Road construction; Technological innovations; Toll roads; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operation and maintenance
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00616373
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1992 12:00AM