A LIGHT RAIL TRANSITWAY MALL FOR DOWNTOWN DALLAS: IMPACTS ON TRAFFIC OPERATIONS. IN: TRANSPORTATION PLANNING METHODS APPLICATIONS. PROCEEDINGS, THIRD NATIONAL CONFERENCE, DALLAS, TEXAS, APRIL 22-26, 1991
The goal of this study was to estimate the year 2010 evening peak hour traffic impacts of a surface rail operation in the Dallas Central Business District. Traffic volume projections were developed from a CBG Micro TRIPS assignment model created from the MTAP system developed by the Noerth Central Texas Council of Governments. The traffic analysis included both intersection capacity analyses and traffic simulation analysis. The study's conclusion was that the proposed surface rail system could operate with minimal traffic delay and queuing problems on Dallas Central Business District streets.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Cervenka, K J
- Berry, R A
- Publication Date: 1991-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Applications; Conferences; Light rail transit; Methodology; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00616034
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Oct 31 1991 12:00AM