PARKING STANDARDS IN ALBERTA'S SMALL URBAN MUNICIPALITIES
The purpose of this project is to assemble and compare parking standards for the downtown and commercial areas of a sample of small Alberta municipalities. The representative sample includes towns under jurisdiction of the Planning Branch, Alberta Municipal Affairs, and municipalities from eight of the province's ten Regional Planning Commissions. The towns surveyed range in size from 1,000 to 6,400 in population. This report should be useful to those small towns that are experiencing parking problems, as well as to towns involved in downtown revitalization projects.
Alberta Department of Highways and Transport, CanadaTransportation Building, 9630 106th Street
Edmonton, Alberta Canada T5K 2B8
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Parking demand; Parking facilities; Redevelopment; Small towns; Towns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Revitalization
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Terminals and Facilities; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00615982
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1991 12:00AM