THE FUEL-EFFICIENT LIGHTWEIGHT CAR
In the past ten years, cars have become more efficient. This report discusses future trends in car fuel consumption: as a result of technical developments (reduction of weight of cars, higher operational efficiency of the internal combustion engine of cars, light fuel tanks, dual fuel engines, etc.) the efficiency of cars will increase. Lastly, includes remarks on the fuel consumption of the total car fleet in the Netherlands, the fuel efficient car as part of an energy-efficient traffic-system, and the policy actions necessary to achieve energy-efficiency.
Centre for Energy Conservation and Environ TechDelft, Netherlands
- BLEIJENBERG, A N
- Rutten, B J C M
- Publication Date: 1990
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy conservation; Fuel consumption; Internal combustion engines; Light vehicles; Transportation policy
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Policy; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00615073
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Z24-D55 MIN
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1991 12:00AM