NUMERICAL STUDIES OF MOMENT-ROTATION BEHAVIOR IN STEEL BRIDGE GIRDERS. IN: STRUCTURAL STABILITY RESEARCH COUNCIL. 1990 ANNUAL TECHNICAL SESSION, STABILITY OF BRIDGES, ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI, APRIL 10-11, 1990
This paper discusses a number of aspects related to the finite element prediction of the moment-rotation behavior of steel bridge girders. An example prediction of the moment-rotation response of a compact I-shaped section has been compared with experimental data. The correlation between the simulated and the real structural response demonstrates the potential of nonlinear incremental-iterative analysis as a companion to experimental testing. Obviously more numerical tests are needed to fully understand the real behavior and to determine more precisely the accuracy of the predictions. This work is currently being pursued by the authors for the beam specimens tested by Schilling and Morcos (1988).
Lehigh UniversityFritz Engineering Laboratory
Bethlehem, PA United States 18015
- White, D W
- DUTTA, A
- Publication Date: 1990
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Bridge decks; Flanges; Girder bridges; Girders; Metal bridges; Rotation; Steel bridges
- Old TRIS Terms: Rolled beam
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00612585
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1991 12:00AM