INTERSTATE TRANSPORTATION OF SOLID WASTE. HEARINGS BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS, COMMITTEE ON ENERGY AND COMMERCE, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, 102ND CONGRESS, 1ST SESSION, APRIL 30 AND MAY 7, 1991
This hearing on the interstate transportation of solid waste examined the following policy issues: (1) Whether it is good public policy to require states and communities to be responsible for managing their own wastes; (2) The environmental consequences of waste import restrictions; (3) The potential impact of interstate transport restrictions on recycling markets; and (4) Ways state and local officials may be encouraged and helped to make the difficult and unpopular decisions necessary to site waste management facilities. Included are testimony, prepared statements, and material submitted for the record.
United States House of RepresentativesCommittee on Energy and Commerce
Washington, DC United States 20515
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: 351 p.
- TRT Terms: Congressional hearings; Environmental impacts; Hazardous wastes; Interstate transportation; Management; Public policy; Solid wastes; Testimony
- Uncontrolled Terms: Restrictions
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Highways; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00611949
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Serial No. 102-13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1991 12:00AM