HOT MIX ASPHALT JOINT CONSTRUCTION
There are two types of joints encountered in the construction of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) pavements: transverse joints and longitudinal joints. Good construction techniques for both types of joints will enhance the smoothness and performance of the HMA and will help the contractor meet specification requirements. This publication describes the various construction practices, including their advantages and disadvantages, and reviews several techniques that are used in the U.S.A. and other countries.
National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA)5100 Forbes Boulevard
Lanham, Maryland United States 20706
- Crawford, C
- Scherocman, J A
- Publication Date: 1990-8
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction management; Hot mix asphalt; Longitudinal joints; Paving; Transverse joints
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Materials; I31: Bituminous Binders and Materials; I52: Construction of Pavements and Surfacings;
- Accession Number: 00611886
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: QIP 115
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1991 12:00AM