AREA XV REGIONAL TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR FISCAL YEARS 1982 - 1986
Regional Transit Development Plan (RTDP) is an ongoing effort in the State of Iowa. This report represents an effort to provide coordination of both private and public transportation providers within Area XV. A brief assessment of the needs for rural public transportation services and a justification for state and federal financial assistance to transit providers in the region are provided. The report determines the current conditions of the transportation system in Area XV. User needs, transit system goals, and policy development are established with the help of citizen and local input and alternative service proposals are evaluated. One-year developmental alternatives are developed and a five-year program plan is recommended. Recent development chronology and a summary of the transit survey results are also provided.
- Financing of this study was provided in part by the Federal Highway Administration.
Regional Planning Commission, Area XV, Iowa708 East Main Street
Ottumwa, IA United States 52501
- Forkenbrock, D J
- Stoner, J W
- Publication Date: 1981-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 106 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Management; Needs assessment; Public transit; Rural areas; Rural transportation; Transit oriented development; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transit services
- Old TRIS Terms: Transit management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00611563
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1992 12:00AM