1983 REGIONAL TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PLAN COVERING MUSCATINE, SCOTT, CLINTON, AND CEDAR COUNTIES, IOWA
The regional transit development plan presented in this report represents an effort to provide coordination of both private and public transportation providers within the Iowa Planning Region 9. A brief assessment of the needs for rural public transportation services within the counties and a justification for state and federal financial assistance to the transit providers within the region are provided. The report presents the current conditions of the transportation system, user needs, goals of a transit system, and policy development. Based upon the transit goals and objectives established with the help of citizen input, alternative service proposals were evaluated. One-year developmental alternatives are presented. From the one-year developmental alternatives, a five-year program plan was recommended. Recent development chronology and a summary of the transit survey results are also provided.
- This report was prepared with the cooperation of Muscatine City Transit System and Great River Bend Regional Transit System and financed in part by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Bi-State Metropolitan Planning Commission1504 3rd Avenue
Rock Island, IL United States 61201
- Publication Date: 1983
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Management; Needs assessment; Public transit; Rural areas; Rural transportation; Surveys; Transit oriented development; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transit services
- Old TRIS Terms: Transit management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00611559
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1992 12:00AM