SOUTHERN IOWA REGIONAL TRANSIT PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING DOCUMENT -- FY 80. STATE PLANNING AREA XIV
The purpose of this report is to provide local leadership and to establish a framework for development and implementation of a plan of action for the conservation of resources in Southern Iowa while developing the overall strategy and work programs for each year of the program. The report emphasizes the continuous nature of the planning process with the major aim to integrate the planning, programming, and study results into a comprehensive transit development plan. This plan has been prepared for and by local officials and citizens of the area. Without area support and involvement no transit plan or program will ever be successful. The plan presented is a general guide for necssary action but must be monitored continually by local people to determine changes and make modifications to reflect the current local need. An assessment of the current transit needs are presented, along with objectives and plans of action.
- Financing of this plan was provided from grants from the Urban Mass Transportation Administration and the Iowa DOT.
Southern Iowa Council of Governments228 North Pine Street, P.O. Box 102
Creston, IA United States 50801
- Publication Date: 1980
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Communities; Development; Mobility; Planning; Public relations; Public transit; Regional transportation; Rural areas; Rural transit; Transit oriented development; Transportation disadvantaged persons; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Community support; Disadvantaged persons; Regional transit; Transit services
- Old TRIS Terms: Transit planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00611556
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1992 12:00AM