SOUTHERN IOWA REGIONAL TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PLAN FY 1983 - FY 1987. STATE PLANNING AREA XIV
The overall goal throughout the planning process was to provide local leadership and establish a framework for developing and implementing a comprehensive plan for the development of Region XIV. All agencies involved strived to plan for the development of a balanced regional transportation system that would serve to insure Region XIV adequate intra- and inter-regional mobility. This report is a guide for the development and implementation of regional transit for Region XIV and was prepared with the involvement of elected officials, county representatives, special interest groups, and the people of Southern Iowa. Through this effort, a plan that identifies and outlines a program to address the activities to be carried out by the Southern Iowa Trolley in this region has been developed and modified. The modifications come from the reexamination of the previous year, FY82-FY86, report and surveys and form the basis for the current planning period, FY83-FY87.
- Financing of this study was provided in part by the Federal Highway Administration.
Southern Iowa Council of Governments228 North Pine Street, P.O. Box 102
Creston, IA United States 50801
- Publication Date: 1982
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 84 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Communities; Development; Mobility; Public relations; Public transit; Regional transportation; Rural areas; Rural transit; Transit oriented development; Transit vehicle operations; Transportation disadvantaged persons
- Uncontrolled Terms: Community support; Disadvantaged persons; Regional transit; Transit services
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00611554
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1992 12:00AM