CONSTRUCTION STAFFING MANAGEMENT STUDY
Research was planned to develop and test a project and multiple-project management system applicable to surveying, inspection, construction, supervision and documentation of rural freeway construction; and to make the research techniques, principal findings and management system available for use by state highway departments. A work plan is detailed which indicates the system approach being used to attain these objectives. Details are also given of a model construction management system for field construction employees which has been tested on three research laboratory projects. The basic elements of the system are: staffing, scheduling, reporting and controlling. The prelimnary results are set forth. The implementation of the System will be completed in 3 phases: rural freeway implementation; system extension; and supporting systems.
- Proceedings of the 1974 Sixtieth Annual Meeting, Detroit, Michigan, November 18-20, 1974.
Washington, DC United States 20004
- Vander Meulen, R L
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: p. 25-32
- Volume: 16
- TRT Terms: Construction; Control; Documents; Freeways; Implementation; Inspection; Management; Personnel management; Project management; Reports; Research; Road construction; Rural highways; Scheduling; State departments of transportation; Supervision; Surveying; Systems analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Documentation; Projects; Reporting
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00127968
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM