DESIGNING A CONTROL UNIT FOR THE CALIBRATION OF SOUND LEVEL MEASUREMENT EQUIPMENT
ENTWICKLUNG EINER ELEKTRISCHEN KONTROLLEINRICHTUNG ZUR KALIBRIERUNG VON SCHALLMESSKETTEN FUER UMWELTSCHUTZAUFGABEN
The evaluation and verification procedures for sound level measuring equipment are specified in the IEC publications 651 and 604. The basic electrical properties may be tested with electrical signal. The developed control unit generates directly the calibration signals with a microprocessor and a D/A-converter like in CD-players. Signal errors are less than 0.1 dB. The unit is operated with a simple keyboard and a LCD-display. Reported are the principles of operation, high-speed signal generation and noise rejection. Calibration-forms are lined out for the documentation of the verification tests which can substitute expensive pattern evaluations of the level-processing stages in the measurement equipment.
Hentschel System G.m.b.H.Hanover, ZZ Germany, F.R.
- Hentschel, R
- Publication Date: 1988-2
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic equipment; Calibration; Control devices; Electrical properties; Measuring instruments; Microprocessors; Noise; Signal generators; Signals; Traffic signal control systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00610662
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UBA-FB-88-018
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 2001 12:00AM