HIGH SPEED TRAINS IN COMPETITION WITH REGIONAL AIR TRANSPORT
Concepts developed to encounter loss of passengers in short and long distance railway transport are discussed. High speed railway transport in Europe, particularly France and the Federal Republic of Germany, is described. Improvements in rolling material and a list of future traveling times with time saved are given. The reasons for choice between traveling methods are outlined.
Bundesminister fuer Verkehr, Abteilung StrassenbauLennestrasse 30
D-5300 Bonn, Germany
- REINHARDT, P
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; High speed ground transportation; Intermodal transportation; Railroad transportation; Travel time
- Geographic Terms: Europe; France; Germany
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00610655
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1991 12:00AM