THE DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION, TESTING, AND OPERATION OF A DEEP-DIVING SUBMERSIBLE FOR OCEAN FLOOR EXPLORATION
The submersible Guppy has become well known in ocean circles. It is a new type of undersea vehicle, quite different from the norm. This paper relates the experiences of the members of the Aero/Hydro Space Division of the author's company in the design, construction, and operation of this unusual boat.
- Presented at the Annual Meeting of SNAME, November 11-12, 1971.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- WATSON, W
- Publication Date: 1971-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Oceanographic vessels; Oil exploration; Pressure vessels; Submersibles
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00028636
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 10 1972 12:00AM