EFFECTIVENESS OF RELEASE TIME MODIFICATION IN ROAD NETWORKS WITH LIGHT SIGNAL SYSTEMS. PT. C. APPENDICES
WIRKSAMKEIT DER FREIGABEZEITMODIFIKATION IN STRASSENNETZEN MIT LICHTSIGNALANLAGE. T.C. ANHAENGE
The objects of the research project are control processes for road networks, which consist of a combination of coordinated fixed time controls ('green wave') with release time modification depending on the traffic, as this combination makes a promising synthesis of the two control principles 'guiding the traffic' and 'matching to the traffic' possible. The method of investigation includes an extensive evaluation of the literature by which the process of designing 'green waves' and the many possibilities of modification of the release time were checked. In the second part of the investigations, the control processes of green wave with/ without release time modification were thoroughly tested in a suitable road network. In motorized individual traffic, distinct improvements in waiting times were obtained; speeds of travel and the number of stops were also favourably influenced by the use of release time modification. There were slight effects for the aspects of energy and harmful emitted substances. The OPNV also profited from the reduction in travel times. Pedestrians and cyclists also benefit from release time modification due to reduced waiting times. This part C of the final report contains the Appendices. There is also part B, with pictures and a volume of the text.
- In German.
Technische Hochschule DarmstadtDarmstadt, Germany
- Schlabbach, K
- Publication Date: 1990-1
- Pagination: 202 p.
- TRT Terms: Control; Crosswalks; Cyclists; Networks; Pedestrians; Pretimed traffic signal controllers; Research projects; Roads; Signal lights; Traffic signal control systems; Traffic signal controllers; Traffic signal timing; Traffic signals; Travel behavior; Waiting time
- Uncontrolled Terms: Road networks
- Old TRIS Terms: Fixed time controller; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Research; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00610612
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1991 12:00AM