DESIGN OF SPRAYED SEALS
This Design Procedure has been prepared for use in conjunction with NAASRA Technical Report Bituminous Surfacing - Sprayed Work (1988), replacing design procedures in Section 3.3.3 Aggregate Application Rate and Section 3.3.5 Binder Application Rate of that document. The procedure is to be reviewed at the end of 1991 following field trials and comparison with sprayed seals designed by the method of the National Institute for Transport and Road Research (NITRR), South Africa.
AUSTROADS24-28 Campbell Street, P.O. Box K659, Roden Cutler House
Haymarket, New South Wales Australia 2000
- Publication Date: 1990-7
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Binders; Design methods; Flexible pavements; Pavement design; Seal coats; Sprayers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Application rate; Spraying
- ITRD Terms: 5942: Adhesion; 4577: Aggregate; 4948: Binder; 2944: Flexible pavement; 6226: In situ; 3623: Laying; 4555: Material (constr); 3055: Pavement design; 5938: Porosity; 2973: Sealing coat (on top of the surfacing); 3031: Skid resistance; 5544: Strength (mater); 3053: Surface texture; 2972: Surfacing; 6288: Test method
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00609852
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 30 1991 12:00AM