TRANSPORTATION IN FOCUS
These proceedings, composed of papers presented at the Transportation Research Forum, reflect the broad spectrum of transportation problems that now exist and the wide range of approaches that have been taken to solve them. The following topics are covered: national transportation policy; determining the optimal railroad route structure; air service to small communities; financing urban transit systems; port planning and operation; the Canadian deregulation experience; issues in trucking and urban goods movement; urban transportation systems; transportation of solids by pipeline: economic issues; safety and secruity in public transportation; should railroad accounting be revised; the national transportation study; air transportation systems analysis; developments in travel demand analysis; transportation of solids by pipeline: technological issues; urban transportation system evaluation; transportation cost measurement for decision making; marketing public transport services; and interactive graphic tools for transportation planning. Papers from the Canadian Transportation Research Forum which was held prior to the U.S. Forum are also included. Reports of the discussions and debates appear in a companion volume.
Cross (Richard B) CompanyOxford, Indiana, USA 47971
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 623 p.
- Transportation Research Forum Proceedings
- Publisher: Cross (Richard B) Company
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Computer graphics; Costs; Decision making; Deregulation; Economics; Evaluation; Finance; Freight transportation; Marketing; Pipelines; Problem solving; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Safety; Technology; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00127879
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1981 12:00AM