PROPELLER VIBRATION FORCES IN SINGLE-SCREW SHIPS
A ten-foot self-propelled model designed for the measurement of vibratory propeller forces has been constructed. Force measurements have been made with this for Series 60 0.6CB parent and V-hull forms with a variety of 4, 5, and 6-bladed propellers. Measurements can be made of total force or surface force with varying longitudinal propeller clearances and rudder clearances. It has been found that the rudder clearance is a very critical factor and that a relatively low transverse force level can be obtained with the correct placement of the rudders.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Lewis, F M
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- Issue Number: 9
- TRT Terms: Force; Propellers; Rudders; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller forces; Propeller rudder interaction; Propeller vibration
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00005967
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 25 1974 12:00AM