COMPARISON OF REGULAR AND WIND-GENERATED WAVE ACTION ON RUBBLEMOUND BREAKWATERS
The purpose of this research is to study wave action on rubble-mound breakwaters with periodic waves and random wind generated waves and to compare the effects of these two types of waves by use of the storm duration. With the second series of tests, with random wind generated waves, it was found that the destruction during the same storm duration was obtained for a significant wave height one third of the constant periodic wave height H. This is an experimental demonstration of the use of H/3 to study breakwaters on scale models.
- Symposium on Research on Wave Action, Proceedings.
Delft Hydraulics LaboratoryDelft, Netherlands
- Rogan, A J
- Publication Date: 1969-7
- Pagination: 9 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Breakwaters; Force; Loads; Waves; Wind waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Wave forces on structures; Wave induced loads
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00028623
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 10 1973 12:00AM