INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE OF REINFORCED CONCRETE STRUCTURES . PROCEEDINGS OF 3RD INTERNATIOAL CONFERENCE ON DETERIORATION AND REPAIR OF REINFORCED CONCRETE IN THE ARABIAN GULF, BAHRAIN, OCTOBER 21-24 1989. VOLUME 1.
Over the last few years there has been an increased awareness of the problems of deteriorating concrete structures and an improved understanding of the processes involved. This has led to procedures for improved durability in new construction, but if the onset of serious deterioration in existing structures is to be delayed, or prevented altogether, then it is essential that there is early identification of structures as risk. This paper reviews the procedures for inspection and maintenance, and discusses the identification of structure, or parts of structures, which can be considered to be "at risk". Methods of recording the results of routine inspections are also reviewed and examples are given of inspection programmes that have been prepared for existing structures in the Middle East.(A) For the covering abstract of the conference see IRRD 828897.
BAHRAIN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERSPO BOX 835
- Ballard, R A
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: p. 59-74
- Publication of: BAHRAIN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS
- Publisher: BAHRAIN SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Conferences; Deterioration; Maintenance; Structures; Surveillance; Tropics
- Geographic Terms: Saudi Arabia
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00604077
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1991 12:00AM