SPREADING AND EVAPORATION OF LNG ON WATER
The prediction of vapor travel downwind from a spill of liquefied natural gas (LNG) is aided by a knowledge of the evaporating conditions. This paper extends the knowledge of these conditions for spills on water. Published data on free spills covering a size range from 2 1/4 to 4500 kg have been used to provide information on LNG spread rate, maximum pool diameter reached, and evaporation rate.
- For ASME meeting Nov 17-22, 1974.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- May, W G
- Perumal, PVK
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaporation; Liquefied natural gas; Safety; Spills (Pollution)
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng evaporation; Lng properties data; Lng safety; Lng spills
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00097575
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper N74-WA/PID-15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM