COMPUTER PREDICTION OF FATIGUE CRACK PROPAGATION UNDER RANDOM LOADING
In this paper, the results of two simulations on fatigue crack propagation under random loading are presented. First, fatigue crack propagation under random loading is simulated based on linear fracture mechanics. Second, elasto-plastic response at the crack tip is considered by the introduction of finite element method and fatigue crack propagation under random loading is simulated incorporating the effect of memory of prior load history. Only numerical results are given for aluminum alloys, but the method is applicable to any kind of material.
- Internation Conference on Struct Mech in React Technol, 2nd, Div, Sess, Prepr Pap, Berlin, Germany, Sept. 10-14, 1973, vs, Div M, Sess M7.
Committee of the European CommunitiesCenter for Information and Documents
- Miyamoto, H
- FUKUDA, S
- Publication Date: 1973-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Fatigue cracking; Fracture mechanics; Measurement
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation
- Old TRIS Terms: Crack opening measurement
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00097573
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM