WAVE RESISTANCE OF ASYMMETRIC PRESSURE DISTRIBUTIONS MOVING IN A CANAL
Expressions are derived for the wave resistance of two asymmetric pressure distributions moving with constant forward speed along the free surface of a canal of constant width and depth. Calculations are made for the case of a rectangular planform with an elliptic or triangular bow with constant pressure, as a function of speed, length to beam ratio, and the width and depth of the canal. The numerical schemes considered for the approximation of the wave resistance of the planform with the elliptic bow are also discussed in some detail.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Ocean Engineering, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
- Chryssostomidis, C
- Publication Date: 1974-8
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Bow waves; Hulls; Wave resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull configurations
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00097571
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 74-14 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00167-74-C-0113
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM