MARINE POLLUTION MONITORING (PETROLEUM): PROCEEDINGS OF A SYMPOSIUM AND WORKSHOP HELD AT THE NATIONAL BUREAU OF STANDARDS, GAITHERSBURG, MARYLAND, MAY 13-17, 1974
These proceedings contain the invited plenary lectures representing pertinent scientific, environmental, and regulatory aspects of petroleum hydrocarbon measurements, the summaries of the contributed papers, dealing with specific scientific developments and recommendations, and the recommendations of the topical discussion groups. Also included is a report of an international workshop which provides specific recommendations for the initiation of a coordinated Pilot Project for marine pollution (petroleum) monitoring. Topical areas include: Sampling methods and techniques: oil slicks, tar balls, and particulates; Oil in water; sampling and analytical methods; Standards and intercomparison criteria; Oil in marine organisms and sediments: sampling and analytical methods; Tar balls and particulate matter: analytical methods, and biological assessment.
- Sponsored in part by World Meterological Organization, Geneva (Switzerland) and United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, Paris (France). Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission. Library of Congress Catalog Card No. LCCCN-74-31142.
National Bureau of StandardsGaithersburg, MD USA
- Junghans, R C
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 293 p.
- TRT Terms: Emulsions; Monitoring; Oil spill cleanup; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil spill control; Water pollution monitoring
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00097559
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS Special Pub-409
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM