SUBURBAN RAILWAYS. A CHANCE FOR OUR CITIES. FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMMUTER AND REGIONAL RAIL TRANSPORT, UITP BERLIN, 20-22 NOVEMBER 1989
This is a series of papers presented at the First International Conference on Commuter and Regional Rail Transport organized by the UITP Berlin, November 20-22, 1989. Experts from the world over participated with reports on traffic conditions in the municipalities of their own countries and came to the agreement that "rail" was the most promising method of handling mass transportation. The conference showed how cities throughout the world have managed to relieve the situation in metropolitan areas by remobilizing rail without undue expense. At the end of the conference all participants agreed that the problems confronting regional and local railways throughout the world can only be solved by an intensive exchange of views and ideas.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/22167353
- Available in French and German.
Brussels, Belgium BE-1080
- Publication Date: 1990
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 77 p.
- Public Transport International
- Publisher: International Association of Public Transport (UITP)
- ISSN: 1016-796X
- Serial URL: http://www.uitp.org/publications/public-transport-magazine.cfm
- TRT Terms: Fare collection; Fares; Passenger comfort; Passenger transportation; Quality of service; Railroad commuter service; Regional transportation
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn; Red Nacional de los Ferrocarriles Espanoles
- Geographic Terms: Belgium; Europe; France; Japan; United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00605531
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM