SIDE-IMPACT PROTECTION: GM TACKLES THE "NEXT SAFETY FRONTIER"
This issue of GM's Research Laboratories newsletter, SEARCH, is devoted to a discussion of statistics and methods of research on side-impact protection in automobiles. Included are discussion and data in the following areas: differences between front and side-impact crashes; future developments at GM; tackling safety issues (results of accident statistics, major cause of serious injury in side impacts, safety improvements that give added protection, simulating human response in test crashes, why test dummies are important, and results of "soft" arm rest design vs. "hard").
General Motors CorporationResearch and Development Center, 30500 Mound Road
Warren, MI United States 48090
- Frost, L L
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Features: Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Volume: 24
- Issue Number: 3
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crashes; Dummies; Research; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Side crashes; Simulation; Statistics; Vehicle safety
- Identifier Terms: General Motors Corporation
- Old TRIS Terms: Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00605391
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-040 995
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM