PORT AND HARBOR DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM, PHASE I- DESIGN GUIDELINES
Ports and harbors of the future must be planned and designed to accommodate change. The purpose of this report is to aid those who are involved in and responsible for port and harbor planning and design. It is hoped that through the use of the guidelines, presented herein, marine facilities may be developed which are more rational, more flexible and thus more functional. The following topics are taken up in subsequent sections: An analysis of present harbor design features; Step by step requirements in port design and construction; Important trends in marine and transportation technology; Suggested planning and design concepts for ports in different stages of development. Some nautical terms are appended.
Texas A&M University, College StationArchitecture Research Center
College Station, TX USA 77843
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Development; Harbors; Intermodal terminals; Port operations; Ports; Structural design; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor design; Port construction; Terminal development
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00028579
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TAMU-SG-71-216
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 10 1972 12:00AM