OVERWEIGHT VEHICLES--PERMITS AND PENALTIES. AN INVENTORY OF STATE PRACTICES FOR FISCAL YEAR 1989
This is a report to the United States Congress from the Secretary of Transportation pursuant to Section 123 of the Surface Transportation Assistance Act of 1978. It covers the period from October 1988 through September 1989 (FY 1989) and summarizes Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) findings regarding each State's annual certification that truck size and weight laws are being enforced. Inventories of weight violations and use of special permits to exceed weight limits are presented. State laws regarding permit fees and overweight fines enacted during FY 1989 are also summarized.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1991-3
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Certification; Inventory; Law enforcement; Laws; Load limits; Oversize loads; Overweight loads; Penalties; Permits; Size; Size and weight regulations; States; Trucks; Trucks by weight; Weight
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Federal Highway Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Violations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Security and Emergencies; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00608617
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-MC-91-003, Report 11
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1991 12:00AM