THE NEEDS AND FINANCES OF IOWA'S ROADS. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This is the Executive Summary of the final report of the same name. It contains a chapter by chapter synopsis of the final report. The final report contains a realistic and optimistic assessment of Iowa's road needs and finances. The study objectives specified a study and evaluation in the following four areas: (1) existing road systems of the state, county and municipal governments; (2) road needs for the future; (3) current road finances; and (4) future finances. The approach to the study included: (1) Obtaining public perceptions of need through six regional public meetings, questionnaires, surveys and interviews; (2) Collecting statistics, trends and data on Iowa's roads, economy and demographics; and (3) Organizing information and recommendations for decision-makers.
De Leuw, Cather and Company1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1989-1
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Decision making; Demographics; Financing; Highways; Needs assessment; Public opinion; Recommendations; Statistics; Trend (Statistics)
- Candidate Terms: Highway economics
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00608487
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1991 12:00AM