TRAFFIC SIGNAL HARDWARE DEMONSTRATION (INCLUDES THREE FINAL REPORTS)
This publication contains the following three final reports: Criteria for Upgrading Traffic Signal Hardware, prepared by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; State-of-the-Art Traffic Control Systems, prepared by James H. Kell and Associates, Forest Hills, New York; and Findings of the Field Hardware Review and Recommendations, prepared by James H. Kell and Associates, Forest Hills, New York. The first report provides rules that are specifically aimed at selecting traffic signal hardware that would save fuel and be applicable to situations where out-of-date hardware is already installed. The second report presents the results from an investigation of candidate systems that provide improved coordination of traffic signals. The systems described are considered state-of-the-art and representative of generic control philosophies. The third report presents the results of an investigation of the traffic signal controllers currently used at demonstration project sites.
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority17 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY United States 12203
- Publication Date: 1988-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Field studies; Fuel consumption; Modernization; State of the art studies; Traffic control; Traffic signal control systems; Traffic signal controllers; Traffic signals
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hardware; Selecting
- Old TRIS Terms: Field investigations; Traffic control systems
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00607569
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NYSERDA Report 89-15, 1033-EEED-AEP-88
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1991 12:00AM