COMBUSTION RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT BY THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITY - PART 1 . INTEGRATED DIESEL EUROPEAN ACTION (IDEA) 1. AUTOTECH 89 SEMINAR PAPERS
The paper reports on a European research programme to study combustion processes and is based on close co-operation between research institutes and industry. The programme is divided into four parts: part A studied basic research and development combustion projects while part B examined general computer simulation models for diesel and Otto engines. Part C was concerned with engine performance and aimed to improve combustion of the Otto engine and improve the performance of the diesel engine. The use of low-grade diesel fuel was examined in part D using computer simulation techniques. Future work in combustion research and development will further develop diagnostic techniques and simulation models. For the covering abstract for this volume of seminar papers see IRRD 832432.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers1 Birdcage Walk
London SW1H 9JJ, England
- ZEGERS, P
- Hoyaux, G
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Combustion; Conferences; Development; Diesel engines; Digital computers; Economic efficiency; Fuels; Improvements; Mathematical models; Motors; Simulation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy;
- Accession Number: 00606941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM