ADVANCED PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS PROGRAM
This packet contains a brochure and flyers describing the Advanced Public Transportation Systems Program which is a component of an overall U.S. DOT initiative in Intelligent Vehicle Highway Systems (IVHS). The program is structured to undertake research and development of innovative applications of advanced navigation, information, and communication technologies that most benefit public transportation. Major public benefits are expected as the application of these technologies attract travellers to transit and ridesharing modes, thus reducing traffic congestion, air pollution, and energy consumption.
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Energy consumption; Innovation; Intelligent transportation systems; Navigation; Ridesharing; Traffic congestion
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Subject Areas: Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00605353
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM