2010 TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PLAN. TECHNICAL PROCESS REPORT. VOLUME I: PLANNING PROCESS AND VOLUME II: APPENDICES
This document has been prepared as a technical supplement to the 2010 Transportation System Development (TSD) Plan for northeastern Illinois. It details the functional and technical processes used to develop the 2010 TSD Plan and is divided into two volumes and eight chapters. Chapter 1 is an introduction. Chapter 2 identifies agencies involved in the process and the roles they played. It also describes the organizational structure created to develop the plan. Chapter 3 outlines the Chicago Area Transportation Study travel demand simulation models used in the 2010 TSD process. The essential theoretical bases and model formulations are presented and discussed. This chapter also introduces the 2010 socioeconomic forecasts. Chapters 4 and 5 examine how the projects were grouped into different alternative networks and explain the refinement processes used to select the endorsed projects. In addition, the deficiency analysis is examined in light of the changing centers of trip attraction. Chapter 6 examines the process by which environmental considerations, energy needs and availability, and air quality implications were evaluated in the TSD process. Chapter 7 examines the question of system needs versus financial resources. Chapter 8 lists the endorsed projects and includes a one-page explanation and justification for each project. A glossary of terms and a list of abbreviations and acronyms are included. Volume II contains supporting and interim documentation that was developed and used during the process.
Chicago Area Transportation Study300 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL United States 60606
- Publication Date: 1990-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality; Decision making; Energy; Environmental impacts; Finance; Forecasting; Highways; Networks; Project management; Public transit; Regional transportation; Simulation; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning; Travel demand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial sources; Projects; Selecting; Socioeconomic data
- Geographic Terms: Illinois
- Old TRIS Terms: Financial requirements
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Energy; Environment; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00603500
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1991 12:00AM