UMTA PRIVATE FINANCING FOR TRANSIT CONSTRUCTION. INFORMATION ON DEMONSTRATION GRANTS
This Private Financing for Transit Contruction folder is a Demonstration Announcement for the innovative financing of transit projects. UMTA encourages public/private partnerships in the development of transit projects using little, or no, federal funds for capital expenditures. UMTA will fund demonstration studies that examine the institutional relationships that exist or must be created to develop and execute these projects which will include front-end studies and feasibility analyses necessary as part of the local/private decisionmaking process to undertake a project. This folder presents information on demonstration grants which include 4 concepts for the financing of value demonstrations. The objective is to show that a private/local/federal partnership can exist in a meaningful way to develop the following: a large transit infrastructure project or a small transit infrastructure project with no federal funding; a large transit infrastructure project with minimal federal funds; and a guided busway system project with minimal federal funds.
- Draft proposals to be submitted to: Mr. W. Kulyk, Office of Technical Assistance and Safety, Urban Mass Transportation Administration, 400 7th Street, SW, Washington DC 20590.
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Thomas, E
- Publication Date: 1991
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Demonstration projects; Financing; Infrastructure; Line haul; Public private partnerships; Technical assistance; Transportation corridors; Truck facilities
- Identifier Terms: Urban Mass Transportation Act
- Old TRIS Terms: Corridor line haul facility; Demonstration grant/project; Private financing program; Site circulator project; Transit construction program; Umta section 6
- Subject Areas: Finance; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00603459
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-UT-06-0010-91-2
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1991 12:00AM