COMMENTARY ON BUILDING CODE REQUIREMENTS FOR MASONRY STRUCTURES (ACE 530-88/ASCE 5-88) AND COMMENTARY ON SPECIFICATIONS FOR MASONRY STRUCTURES (ACI 530.1-88/ASCE 6-88)
This Code Commentary covers the design and construction of masonry structures, while the Specifications Commentary is concerned with the quality, inspection, testing, and placement of materials. Since the Code and Specifications are written as legal documents, background details or suggestions for carrying out requirements are not included; both commentaries cover these subjects. Some topics discussed in the Code Commentary include: 1) permits and drawings, 2) quality insurance, 3) imbedded items, 4) strength and serviceability, 5) flexural and axial loads, 6) walls, 7) pilasters, and 8) empirical design of masonry. The Specifications Commentary covers requirements for materials; the placing, bonding, and anchoring of masonry; and the placement of grout and of reinforcement.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0872627500
Detroit, MI United States 48219
New York, NY United States 10017-2398
- Publication Date: 1990
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Brick; Brick construction; Building codes; Concrete construction; Construction; Masonry construction; Specifications
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Law; Materials; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00603314
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0-87262-750-0
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI 530R-88, ACI 530.1R-88
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1991 12:00AM