FINAL REPORT OF THE AASHTO STANDING COMMITTEE ON HIGHWAYS TASK FORCE ON COMMERCIALIZATION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY REST AREAS
This report contains the issues examined and recommendations made by the AASHTO Task Force on the Commercialization of Interstate Highway Rest Areas. Also included is an Executive Summary of the Task Force recommendations for each issue. The issues examined were in the following areas: legal requirements; vending machine program; services provided; utilities; rest area maintenance; overnight truck parking; truck inspection/weighing; local involvement; financial considerations; State operated welcome center; access options; privatization/commercialization expenses of State highway agencies with recent rest area development projects involving private developers; State interest in a voluntary rest area commercialization action plan; and an action plan proposal.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1990-7
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Access; Finance; Implementation; Legal factors; Level of service; Maintenance; New products; Parking; Privatization; Public participation; Public utilities; Recommendations; Roadside rest areas; Tourism; Trucks; Vending equipment
- Identifier Terms: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials; Interstate Highway System
- Uncontrolled Terms: Commercialization; Financial management; Services; Utilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Vending machines
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Finance; Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Society; Terminals and Facilities; I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00608658
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1991 12:00AM