SLIP FORM CONCRETE PAVEMENT CONSOLIDATION STUDY
The purpose of this investigation was to determine if consolidation of slip formed pavement could be improved by alterations to the system normally used by Kansas Department of Transportation projects. Variations in the vibratory system, mix design, and pavement system were evaluated by taking densities with a nuclear meter. Not all tests were conclusive, but overall our suspicions were confirmed that consolidation could be improved.
Topeka, KS United States 66612
- Legge, W A
- Publication Date: 1982
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Density; Evaluation; Measurement; Mix design; Pavement performance; Pavements; Slip form paving; Soil consolidation test; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Density measurement
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Materials; Pavements; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways;
- Accession Number: 00608415
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: May 31 1991 12:00AM