INDUSTRY PROFILE: FREIGHT FORWARDING
This industry profile is one of a series of papers which provide summary assessments of the current competitiveness of Canada's industrial sectors, taking into account technological and other key factors, and changes anticipated under the Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement. Industry participants were consulted in the preparation of the papers. This paper covers the structure and performance, the strengths and weaknesses, the changing environment, and the competitiveness of the freight industry, which consists of companies which act on behalf of shippers to arrange transportation and traffic service requirements (packaging, storage, handling, export credits, insurance, documentation and customs clearance) for the delivery of goods.
Industry, Science and Technology CanadaOttawa, ONo, Canada
- Publication Date: 1988
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Competition; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: Canada
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00608337
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1991 12:00AM