MOBILITY 2000 WORKSHOP ON INTELLIGENT VEHICLES AND HIGHWAY SYSTEMS. ORGANIZING FOR IVHS. MARCH 19-21, 1990, DALLAS, TEXAS
This section of the workshop proceedings describes a proposal resulting from group consensus on the need for a national organizational structure to support IVHS. Such an organization would have the following purposes and functions: (1) provide a national focal point for discussion and coordination of national IVHS goals and the establishment of a strategic plan to achieve these goals; (2) help to identify and recommend national standards, specifications, and protocols; (3) identify opportunities and partners for joint ventures; (4) discuss policies on international cooperation; (5) conduct pilot research; (6) maintain data and information bases; (6) organize information transfer activities; and (7) issue periodic progress reports.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Cooperation; Databases; Intelligent transportation systems; International; International compacts; Pilot studies; Proposals; Specifications; Transportation policy; Workshops
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Joint programs; National transportation policies; Pilot study
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00608150
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1991 12:00AM