MOBILITY 2000 WORKSHOP ON INTELLIGENT VEHICLES AND HIGHWAY SYSTEMS. INTERFACES WITHIN IVHS. MARCH 19-21, 1990, DALLAS, TEXAS
This section of the workshop proceedings describes how traffic management systems will change once Intelligent Vehicle Highway Systems (IVHS) are in place. Areas covered include the following: individual communication via a system available in England and Germany; Advanced Traveler Information Systems (ATIS); ways in which ATIS and Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) need to interact; attributes of the fully controlled highway of the future; infrastructure requirements for the new technology; and standards requirements to consider for IVHS.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver information systems; Highway traffic control; Infrastructure; Innovation; Intelligent transportation systems; Technology; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concept vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Future concepts; Transportation technology; Vehicular communications
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00608145
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 31 1991 12:00AM