TRAFFIC IMPACT ANALYSIS
This publication provides the basic techniques and background for the local planner to understand and to participate in discussions concerning the technical aspects of traffic impact analysis. It should be noted that this kind of analysis can only assess primary traffic impacts. These findings can also lead to an assessment of fiscal and environmental impacts. Understanding traffic impacts becomes increasingly important as large-scale development becomes increasingly popular and as budgets for public facility and infrastructure improvements become increasingly strained. It is also the case that the regional effects of large-scale development have prompted some states to require impact analyses as part of the development review process.
Chicago, IL United States 60637-2897
- Greenberg, F
- Hecimovich, J
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Budgeting; Development; Environmental impacts; Impact studies; Land use planning; Local transportation; Planning; Traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Local traffic
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Society;
- Accession Number: 00608110
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: May 31 1991 12:00AM