DIRECTORY OF WORKERS IN THE FIRE FIELD
This Directory was compiled to provide a list of workers engaged in fire research, their addresses and affiliations, and their principal fields of activity. The initial criteria for the selection of names for this directory are recent contributions to fire literature, teaching of subjects relevant to fire science, or participation in or support of fire research programs. With some exceptions, fire service personnel and fire protection engineers have been excluded because directories already exist for these professionals. Also excluded are investigators engaged principally in studies of propulsion, combustion, and explosion phenomena, because these areas of study are somewhat aside from the main focus of fire research. For purposes of this directory, fire science is taken to be the body of knowledge, art, and skill related to the investigation, analysis, and interpretation of the phenomena of unwanted fires and the evaluation of materials, methods, systems, and equipment related to fire safety, prevention, detection, and suppression.
- Sponsored by Aerospace Safety Research and Data Institute, Lewis Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44135, Paul T. Hacker - Program Manager and George Mandel - Technical Advisor, and National Science Foundation, Ralph H. Long, Jr. - Program Manager (RANN Program).
Johns Hopkins University, LaurelApplied Physics Laboratory, 11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Laurel, MD USA 20723-6099
National Bureau of StandardsFire Technology Division
Washington, DC USA 20234
- Kuvshinoff, B W
- McLeod, S B
- Katz, R G
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: 131 p.
- TRT Terms: Directories; Fire prevention; Fires; Researchers; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Fire research
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00097512
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA CR-121149 Contra Rpt
- Contract Numbers: C-506273, NSF Grant GI-12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1975 12:00AM