TRAFFIC SAFETY TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CATALOG, FISCAL YEAR 1991
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) of the U.S. Department of Transportation is charged with reducing crashes, injuries and fatalities on the nation's highways. In order to carry out this responsibility, NHTSA has developed its strategic "Program Priority Plan" and is working in partnership with the States to accomplish specific traffic safety goals over the next several years. This Catalog has been developed to present the technical guidance available through NHTSA to help achieve these national goals by providing support to State and community program efforts. The catalog identifies various services and technology transfer mechanisms which are available to assist States in developing and implementing highway safety programs. It is intended to be a manager's handbook to highway safety program technical assistance which is available through NHTSA. Each description of a technical assistance service includes: 1) the purpose; 2) special target groups; and 3) the type of assistance. The catalog is divided into the following nine major program areas: Impaired Driving; Occupant Protection; Motorcycle Programs; Pedestrian & Bicycle Safety; Traffic Records; Police Traffic Services; Emergency Medical Services; Youth Programs; and Program Assistance.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1990-11
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 108 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Bicycles; Catalogs; Development; Disasters and emergency operations; Drivers; Hazards and emergency operations; Highway safety; Impaired drivers; Implementation; Motorcycles; Occupant protection devices; Pedestrian safety; Police; Records management; Safety programs; Technical assistance; Technology transfer; Teenage drivers; Traffic engineering; Traffic safety
- Identifier Terms: U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Occupant protection; Traffic records
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Finance; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00607659
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-807 654
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 30 1991 12:00AM