A GUIDE FOR THE NEGOTIATION OF ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR HIGHWAYS, BRIDGES AND RELATED PROJECTS. REVISED EDITION
This Bulletin is intended as a guide for owners and consulting engineers in establishing equitable compensation for professional services to be performed on highway, bridge and associated engineering assignments in the United States. The contents are as follows: (I) Introduction - historical factors, contemporary changes, and suggested policies for equitable negotiations; (II) The Evaluation and Selection of an Engineer - general, recommended owner's Selection Committee, engineer selection guidelines, and selection procedures; (III) Highway Planning Process - comprehensive studies, corridor studies, environmental studies, design location studies, and bridge inspection and rating; (IV) Design Phase - suverys and mapping, preliminary design, and final design; (V) Construction Phase - shop and working drawings, technical inspection of construction and administration of contract, and value analysis; and (VI) Compensation for Services - types of compensation and suggested methods of compensation for the various phases.
- This ARTBA Technical Bulletin supersedes ARTBA Technical Bulletin No. 253 (1981).
American Road & Transportation Builders AssociationARTBA Building, 1219 28th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20007-3389
- Publication Date: 1984
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge engineering; Employee compensation; Engineering services; Engineers; Guides to information; Highway design; Highway engineering; Highway engineers; Highway planning; Labor negotiations; Professional personnel; Road construction
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compensation; Selecting
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00607615
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARTBA Tech Bull 253
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1991 12:00AM